Charleston Historic Preservation Commission
- Find an architect, questions to ask your architect, how design works for you...
- The Building Technology Heritage Library (BTHL) is primarily a collection of American and Canadian, pre-1964 architectural trade catalogs, house plan books and technical building guides.
- The mission of the Coles County Historic Preservation Advisory Council is to develop, coordinate, execute and support policies/activities intended to preserve historic architectural, engineering, landscape and archaeological resources within Coles County.
- website under construction
- Learn more about the agency’s mission, historic sites, budget and contact options.
- Preservation resources, news, and advocacy; preservation awards, grants, and the Statewide Endangered List...
- The National Alliance of Preservation Commissions is the only national nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting local historic preservation commissions and the historic resources they help protect.
- Develops historic preservation policy and guidance on preserving and rehabilitating historic buildings, administers the Federal Historic Preservation Tax Incentives Program for rehabilitating historic buildings, and sets the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
- The official list of the Nation's historic places worthy of preservation: Authorized by the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966, the National Park Service's National Register of Historic Places is part of a national program to coordinate and support public and private efforts to identify, evaluate, and protect America's historic and archaeological resources.
- Windows are often significant character-defining features of older and historic buildings. Why old windows matter; a visual guide to window repair or replacement; "Saving windows, Saving money"; and more information about windows.
- Helping transform promising ideas into thriving communities, where transportation choices make it easy to get from place to place, where businesses flourish, and where people from all walks of life can afford to live, work and visit.